Absolutely, as a matter of fact the Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA) and the FCRA make it illegal for a credit repair company to say otherwise. Why do so many consumers turn to a credit repair company to perform a service that an individual could otherwise do themselves? There are several reasons. Most folks lack the dedication, organizational skills, education, or follow through to effectively repair their credit on their own. You have to remember that this is a game of “You” versus “Them.” You are not the banks customer. If you pay your bills on time consistently and have better credit, then they don’t stand to make money the next time you apply for a credit card, auto loan or mortgage. The reporting agencies, that help the banks bleed the most out of you, will use scare and stall tactics to ensure that your dedication and fortitude waiver. They make questioning their judgments seem overwhelming in the hope that you just give up and accept the decisions that they have made against you. Credit repair organizations like Commonwealth Credit Solutions, never loses the focus that is necessary to achieve the goal of insuring you and your credit score are represented accurately. We dedicate the time needed and efforts to ensure that they don’t “win” and that you get the fairest chance possible. The education and tools are available for you to use to the best of your abilities in this book, however, it can still be a daunting task for many.
If I do decide to enlist the services of a credit repair agency, what should I be looking for in a company that will best suit my needs?
- Will I be provided with a written contract including my rights under the FCRA and CROA, a clear definition of refund policies, what duties will be performed, and the cost of the service?
- Does the credit repair company carry any certifications in the field of credit repair or finance?
- Is the credit repair company accredited by the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the credit repair company have a secure client portal so I can see in real time the progress being made on my behalf?
- Does the credit repair company have a business address where I can meet with a specialist in person to discuss my unique needs and concerns?
- Does the credit repair company have a dedicated toll-free customer service number?
Remember, you work hard for your money so make sure you are working with a company that measures their success in your satisfaction. If you ever have any questions about your specific situation or are interested in a FREE, NO OBLIGATION credit analysis reach out to us at ilovemycreditscore.com or call 502-917-0077!!